Our annual membership survey went out in April, powered this year by Google Forms. We had 21 responses, which is better participation than in years past. THANK YOU!
You may view Google’s summary of the responses here, and our own analysis is presented for you below.
How do people find out about SDO? -Q6
- friend 42.9%
- other 19%
- Those who responded “Other” said:
- Gazette article
- one of the founders 🙂
- from Main Street Delaware
- I don’t remember
- Event/Internet Search/Facebook 9.5%
How do people currently engage with SDO? -Q7, 8, 2, and 3
-Q8 – how often do you engage with SDO?
- monthly 38.1%
- weekly 19%
- semi-annually 19%
-Q7 – What is your level of participation with SDO?
- read the website 47.6%
- Read/post in social media 42.9%
-Q2 – how do you prefer to engage with SDO?
- access information on the website 66.7
- reading a newsletter 61.9
- volunteering at events 42.9
Q3 –top 2 ways you engage with SDO (referring to Q2)
- reading a newsletter 50.00%
- access information on the website 41.67%
- volunteering at events/ Help SDO Plan/produce activies 25.00%
What would increase engagement?- Q9
- more in-person events/Newsletter 46.7%
- more volunteering opportunities 33.3%
- improved website 26.7%
What should SDO be doing? -Q4 and 5
- work with local government to prioritize sustainability in our community 90.5%
- Provide more education about sustainability 81%
- bring more attention to local resources 76.2%
- collaborate with other local organizations to promote sustainability 71.4%
-Q5 – top 2 things you think SDO should be doing (referring to Q4)
- work with local government to prioritize sustainability in our community 63.64%
- Provide more education about sustainability 27.27%
- bring more attention to local resources 27.27%
- collaborate with other local organizations to promote sustainability 27.27%
What are you interested in? -Q1
- climate change 76.2%
- improvement in my own sustainable actions/Food Sustainability 71.4%
- energy sustainability/recycling/social justice/local government prioritizing sustainability 66.7%
Other Comments -Q10
- The benefits of membership should be made clear and the fee can be raised. A new website is a must.
- I love your newsletter. I love the links to other sites so that I can follow my interests and learn more. Thank you
- Keep up the great work!
- I liked the newsletter, but it needs to have more original content or articles that are not well known and not just repeating information found in other local papers, websites, etc. and it should have something about how I can make a difference in my everyday actions to be more sustainable. The website needs updated and the links working and it
- would be nice to see more conversations happening and not just one person’s opinion all the time.
- I enjoy interacting with the SDO group and look forward to helping SDO pursue it’s mission.
- Keep up the good work. If I weren’t already volunteering with so many other organizations, I’d do more with SDO.