While membership dues are based on calendar year, our annual meeting is held in the summer, which is when SDO Board of Director positions are elected. It’s also a time to reflect on the past year.
Notable from 2018-19
- Sustainable Delaware Ohio turned 9 years old! (What should we do next year for our 10th anniversary?)
- John Krieger, Marian Jacques, Steven Gregory, Anna Willow were all voted to the Board of Directors, giving us a 7-member board, the largest board in our history!
- We participated (again) in the planning committee for the Northern Olentangy Watershed (NOW) Festival, and held our 5th annual Duck Race.
- Several SDO members participated in the City of Delaware’s steering committee for its new comprehensive plan.
- We contributed a stocked zero waste bag as a raffle prize at Ohio Wesleyan University’s Bishop Backer’s event, and as a prize for the NOW Festival Duck Race.
- We registered our nonprofit on Amazon Smile, so your purchases can help support our cause!
- After much online conversation about the infamous “Delaware stench”, SDO met with members of Delaware City Council and management of Liberty Castings to begin dialogue towards mutual understanding, and held a joint litter clean-up along Liberty Road.
- We partnered with the Central Ohio Communities Project (COCP) on, and participated in, many of their events, including a Delaware Run watershed walk and a second climate summit, plus:
- Working with them to produce a climate crisis strategy for the City’s comprehensive plan, and
- Working with both COCP and the Second Ward Community Initiative (SWCI) to launch an upcycling program in town.
- We supported the smoking ban in City parks, and spoke out against a proposed housing development across the street (and downwind) from Liberty Casting.
- We piloted text (SMS) reminder messages of meetings and events, and started using online forms.